The Oklahoma Student Association of Nutrition and Dietetics
We value student involvement in OKAND! Becoming a student member allows you to gain hands-on professional experience through our volunteer and event opportunities. And, you have exclusive access to post-grad job opportunities and internships. Long story short, you’re getting a leg up on your career and positioning yourself ahead of your peers. We’d love for you to join us!
Student Membership Benefits and Career Resources
As a student member, you are integral to the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics as you represent the future of the dietetics profession. We offer several unique benefits student members, including opportunities to get involved. Student membership in the Academy means you have access to a network of benefits — exclusively available to Academy members — that you can begin using right now!
- Free membership in state Academy affiliate
- Networking and insight into career opportunities
- Opportunity to apply for the OKAND scholarships and the Academy Foundation scholarships
- Ability to be nominated for a student award
- Access the Journal of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics online and Food & Nutrition Magazine®
- Access the online Evidence Analysis Library
- Access the Academy Career Toolbox
- Lower registration rates for FNCE®, Oklahoma Academy annual conference, and events.
2024 OKAND Scholarships Now Open
Each year, the Oklahoma Academy awards scholarships to deserving students pursuing undergraduate and advanced degrees in dietetics or food and nutrition-related areas.
The submission form will close at 11:59 p.m. January 31, 2024.
All applicants must have a current membership in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Scholarship applications without a member number will not be considered.
For information on how to become a member of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, please visit eatrightpro.org.
Student Award Nominations
Every year, OKAND honors deserving Member Students. We celebrate their accomplishments during the Spring Convention.
The 2024 nominations are open. Submissions must be received by Wednesday, January 31, 2024, 11:59 p.m.
OKAND Research Poster Submission
Abstracts should be typed and are limited to 750 characters.<br>
Abstract must include:
- Author(s): Please include name and credentials
- Results: Outcomes should be measurable
- Summary All posters must be based on research
These items are due Wednesday, March 6, 2024 at 11:59 p.m.
Open to students and non-students, but judging and cash prizes are only available for students.
Interested in Volunteering for OKAND?
Check out all the ways you can get involved!
- Serve on the Annual Spring Convention Committee
- Serve on Diversity & Inclusion Committee (meets 1x month)
- Social Media Content Creation & Support
- In-person event support (ex. annual holiday party)
- Virtual event support (ex. Advocacy Day)
- Award Ceremony Slideshow Creation
Academy Foundation Scholarships
The Academy Foundation awards many scholarships to Academy Student Members. The Oklahoma Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics sponsors the $1000 Oklahoma Presidents Scholarship, which is awarded to an Oklahoma resident. It honors and memorializes the four past Academy presidents from Oklahoma: the late Mary Zahaskey, Esther Winterfeldt, the late Edna Page Langholz, and Donna Watson.
Visit the ANDF website for deadlines and scholarship opportunities.
Dr. Gena Wollenberg PhD, RD, CSSD, LD
President & Convention Chair